Ymir is a OpenGL rendering engine I have been working on for the past two years. It is designed with a simple generalized interface between game code and the renderer to allow it to be used for several different kinds of games. It is written entirely in c++.
- Deferred shading and multi-pass light pipelines.
- Multi threaded rendering.
- Fully HDR rendering pipeline.
- Dynamic LOD with view distances up to 10000 meters.
- Sparse virtual texturing for textures and normal maps.
- Forests and foliage with over 30000 simultaneous trees.
- Diffuse, Normal, specular and emission maps.
- Simple markup for textures and attributes.
- Dynamic post processing pipeline.
- HDR tonemapping with color correction in CIELAB color space.
- Dynamic depth of field.
- Anamorphic lens flares.
October 5, 2012